Friday, May 04, 2018

Books for Star Wars Day

I saw this SUPER-FUN idea at Paula Vince's wonderful blog. The rules are simple. Just choose a book to fit each of these categories, based on Star Wars characters.

LEIA: A book that splits your heart in two.
Most recently Neal Shusterman's Thunderhead.
HAN SOLO: A book you didn't want to read but loved.
Uncle Tom's Cabin. Harriet Beecher Stowe.
PADME: A book where the character fell in love with the wrong person.
Great Expectations. Charles Dickens. 

KYLO REN: A dramatic character we all love.
Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre
REY: A strong female character.
Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen. 
Shalia.
FINN: A couple you shipped but didn't happen.
Mansfield Park. I really liked Henry Crawford and Fanny Price. But I also love John and Lily from Small House at Allington.

YODA: A book with a different chronological order.
How To Stop Time by Matt Haig comes to mind.
JAR JAR: A book you found boring and abandoned.      
If I could have brought myself to do it, I would have abandoned So Big by Edna Ferber. 

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Paula Vince said...

These are great, and I agree with all the ones I've read. Oh, I shipped Fanny and Henry too 😢 He grew on me so much, I really wish it could have worked out. And Great Expectations, although he fell in love with the wrong person, is still one of my favourite Dickens reads. Thanks for playing along.

Becky said...

I *loved* Great Expectations. At first I thought of having it as my "book you didn't want to read but loved..." but then I thought it would fit better with the other. I believe--if my memory serves me--that you were the one who inspired me to read Great Expectations.