Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Cookie Fiasco

The Cookie Fiasco. Dan Santat (and Mo Willems). 2016. Disney-Hyperion. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hey, guys! COOKIE TIME!

Premise/plot: There are FOUR friends and only THREE cookies. Since each believes in EQUAL COOKIES FOR ALL, this is a big, big problem. Can these four solve the problem in a way that's equally agreeable. Each initially has a suggestion, but, all suggestions are not equally fair.

My thoughts: This book is the first in a new series of easy readers: Elephant & Piggie like reading. The book begins and ends with Elephant & Piggie deciding to read Dan Santat's The Cookie Fiasco. Thus this is a book within a book! I have to agree with Gerald, "Good books make me feel big things...."

So what exactly did I feel about The Cookie Fiasco? I liked it. I really liked it. I'm not sure I loved it. I liked the problem-solving. I loved, loved, loved seeing Elephant and Piggie again. But I did not like the illustrations.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: