Thursday, August 24, 2017

Nate the Great and the Sticky Case

Nate the Great and the Sticky Case (Nate the Great #5). Marjorie Weinman Sharmat. Illustrated by Marc Simont. 1978. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I, Nate the Great, was drying off from the rain. I was sitting under a blanket and reading a detective book. My dog, Sludge, was sniffing it.

Premise/plot: Claude hires Nate to find a missing stamp--a stamp with a dinosaur on it. Nate is happy to take the case, though he couldn't help noticing that Claude seems to lose at least a thing or two per day. Nate will do his best to find out how the stamp came to be missing--he doesn't really suspect any of his friends--Annie, Pip, or Rosamond--to have taken it on purpose. It will take some observation and careful thinking to solve this case.

My thoughts: I like this one. I do. Here's one of the notes Nate writes his mom, "Dear mother, I am on a sticky case. When I find something big that is small I will be back. Love, Nate." I would definitely recommend this series. I hope to read more soon.
© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: