Saturday, July 02, 2016

Sing Along Saturdays (Celebrating America)

Today's prompt: songs you listen to celebrate Independence Day

This meme is hosted by Bookish Things & More.

I'm stretching this one quite a bit perhaps. To me it doesn't get more American than COUNTRY. And I do tend to go through my country phase in the summer. I was raised on country music and Christian music simultaneously for the most part.  


So my first choice is Brad Paisley's This is Country Music:


I've got to include some Alabama. Here's If You're Gonna Play In Texas: (It's a song I say AMEN, AMEN to for sure!)


Here's better audio of it.

I can't imagine not including a George Strait. Because to *me* it doesn't get countrier than George Strait.







© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Katrina @ Bookish Things said...

I LOVE all your choices. The hubs loves George Strait. And I now have Alabama's song stuck in my head.