Friday, July 01, 2016

2016 Challenges: Paris in July

Paris in July
Host: Thyme for Tea (sign up)
Duration: July 2016
My goal: 5 posts

What I Watch:
 1) Cyrano de Bergerac in French with English Subtitles (1990)

What I Listen To:
1) BBC Radio 3 Cyrano de Bergerac 
2) Cyrano de Bergerac soundtrack by Jean Claude Petit 
3) Paris in July Playlist, my top three French composers

What I Read:
1) Cyrano de Bergerac. Edmond Rostand. Translated by Lowell Blair. 1897. 240 pages. [Source: Library]
2)  Twenty and Ten. Claire Huchet Bishop. Illustrated by William Pene du Bois. 1952/1978. 76 pages. [Source: Bought]'
3) The Grand Mosque of Paris: A Story of How Muslims Saved Jews During the Holocaust. Karen Gray Ruelle. Illustrated by Deborah Durland DeSaix. 2009. Holiday House. 40 pages. [Source: Library]
4) Cyrano. Geraldine McCaughrean. 2006. HMH. 128 pages. [Source: Review copy]
5) The Journey That Saved Curious George. Louise Borden. 2016. HMH. 96 pages. [Source: Review copy]



© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Bellezza said...

I'm looking forward to what you choose to read and watch and do, Becky. I love this event!

Paulita said...

Is your Cyrano de Bergerac in French? I wish I could understand French well enough to listen to books on tape or watch movies and catch all the words.

Becky said...

I watched Cyrano de Bergerac in French with English subtitles, but, I haven't reviewed that yet. I read the play in English. And I listened to the audio book in English. It sounds great in French. I pick out a few words, but, would be lost without subtitles.