Friday, March 04, 2016

A Pig, A Fox, and a Box

A Pig, A Fox, and a Box. Jonathan Fenske. 2015. Penguin. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

Did I enjoy reading A Pig, A Fox, and a Box? Yes and no. No, in that I'm not the intended audience for it, and, it wasn't quite my type of book. I didn't really "like" the illustrations. Yes, in that it was a good, solid book for young readers.

Readers meet two characters: Fox and Pig. Readers quickly see that Fox is tricksy. He is a kidder, a joker. He really, really WANTS to fool his friend, Pig. Time and time again, the joke is on FOX and not Pig after all. So it was FUN in a way.

Here's how it begins: "I am Fox. I am Pig. I am little. I am big. I have a box. I like to play. I think I will trick Pig today."

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kailana said...

It sounds like it would be fun for a little one, but probably wouldn't be my thing either. :)