Saturday, November 29, 2014

Week in Review: November 23-29

The Magic City. E. Nesbit. 1910. 212 pages. [Source: Bought]
The Enchanted Castle. E. Nesbit. 1907. 291 pages. [Source: Bought]
Mortal Heart. Robin LaFevers. 2014. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 464 pages. [Source: Review copy]
A Christmas Carol. Charles Dickens. 1843. 96 pages. [Source: Bought]
The Man Who Invented Christmas. Les Standiford. 2008. Crown. 241 pages. [Source: Library]
Where There's A Will. Rex Stout. (Nero Wolfe #8) 1940. Bantam. 258 pages. [Source: Bought]
Tolkien: How An Obscure Oxford Professor Wrote the Hobbit and Became the Most Beloved Author of the Century. Devin Brown. Abingdon Press. [Source: Review copy]
Look and Live. Matt Papa. 2014. Bethany House. 256 pages. [Source: Review copy]
The Advent Bride. Mary Connealy. 2014. Barbour. 88 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Beside Bethesda: 31 Days Toward Deeper Healing. Joni Eareckson Tada. 2014. NavPress. 176 pages. [Source: Review copy]
ESV Women's Devotional Bible. 2014. Crossway. 1664 pages. [Source: Bought]

This week's favorite:

I loved, loved, loved E. Nesbit's The Magic City. I did. I loved, loved, loved Devin Brown's biography of J.R.R. Tolkien. It's horrible having to pick between the two!!! I was swept into the story--the fantasy world--that Nesbit created. I was. It was just a joy to read Magic City. I also found the biography to be captivating. I learned SO much. It was a book I just couldn't put down. Actually I couldn't put Magic City down either. Because I have to choose, I suppose I'll go with the nonfiction. It is a new release after all. It would make a lovely gift for Tolkien fans!!!

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: