Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Tuesday Club Murders

The Tuesday Club Murders. Agatha Christie. 1932/2007. Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers. 256 pages.

I enjoyed The Tuesday Club Murders. While short stories are not my favorite, I prefer novels to short stories, I still enjoyed Miss Marple. This one may best be enjoyed one story at a time. There really isn't a need to rush through these stories all at once. There are thirteen stories in all: The Tuesday Night Club, The Idol House of Astarte, Ingots of Gold, The Blood-Stained Pavement, Motive v. Opportunity, The Thumb Mark of St. Peter, The Blue Geranium, The Companion, The Four Suspects, A Christmas Tragedy, The Herb of Death, The Affair at the Bungalow, and Death by Drowning. It wasn't so much that any one story WOWED me, it was more the fact that I enjoyed the cozy atmosphere of the stories as a whole. I liked Christie's writing and her characters. It was a pleasant way to spend my time.  

Read The Tuesday Club Murders
  • If you like short stories
  • If you like mysteries
  • If you like Agatha Christie
  • If you like Miss Marple

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

I do love some AC on a rainy fall evening. Maybe I need to pick this one up!

Jules said...

I've read a few of her books, but never knew she had a short story collection. I'm intrigued now.