Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Salon: Watching Bertie and Elizabeth

I recently watched Bertie & Elizabeth, The Story of King George VI & Queen Elizabeth. I just LOVED it. After watching and LOVING King's Speech, I wanted to know more about this royal couple...and I found Bertie & Elizabeth to be equally compelling and satisfying. It also provides a fuller portrait of this royal family, of this at times dysfunctional royal family. (The conflict between brothers was so well done!!! And Wallis Simpson makes for an intriguing villain in this one.)

I loved this biographical film. It follows his life from his courtship of Elizabeth to his funeral. I loved it as a romance. I loved it as a feel-good film showing that anything is possible with hard work, determination, courage and diligence. I also found the section on World War II to be fascinating!

I would definitely recommend this one!!!

Have you seen this one? What did you think?

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: