Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ten Characters I'm Thankful To Have Met In 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! I thought I'd share a list of the top ten characters I'm thankful to have met in 2011!!!

These aren't necessarily in any order.

1. LORD PETER WIMSEY. (Dorothy Sayers) Oh, how I love, love, love and adore Lord Peter Wimsey.
2. ARCHIE GOODWIN and NERO WOLFE. (Rex Stout) I love, love, LOVE these two! I do! I love Archie for so many reasons. Yet I love his boss, Nero Wolfe, too!

3. MISS MARPLE and HERCULE POIROT. (Agatha Christie)

The Mysterious Affair At Styles. Murder on the Orient Express. Murder at the Vicarage. A Miss Marple Mystery. The A.B.C. Murders. (Hercule Poirot). The Body in the Library. (Miss Marple). Five Little Pigs. (Hercule Poirot), A Murder is Announced. 4:50 From Paddington. Cards on the Table. Appointment with Death. At Bertram's Hotel. Cat Among the Pigeons. Sad Cypress. And Then There Were None. The Moving Finger. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. A Caribbean Mystery. The Big Four. Evil Under the Sun. Taken at the Flood. Dead Man's Folly. Nemesis.They Do It With Mirrors. Elephants Can Remember. A Murder on the Links. A Pocket Full of Rye. Dumb Witness.


4. PERSIMMONY SMUDGE. The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic. Jennifer Trafton.


5. RILEY CASE. Doggirl. Robin Brande.

6. MATTIE ROSS. True Grit. Charles Portis.

7. THE VIRGINIAN. The Virginian. Owen Wister.

8. JOHN EAMES. The Small House At Allington. Last Chronicle of Barset. Anthony Trollope.

9. JOHN ROKESMITH. Our Mutual Friend.

10. JAMES LIANG. Kinfolk. Pearl S. Buck.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Kailana said...

Man, I haven't read any of those. I need to get cracking...

Olene Quinn said...

Looks like I have some reading to do!

JaneGS said...

I'm a Peter Wimsey fan myself--welcome to the club! The Virginian is on my list for 2012--glad to hear the character is one of your favorites.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I love that you listed the characters you're thankful for. There are so many that I can think of, but we're always thankful for books and authors and rarely characters.