Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Lucky for Good

Lucky for Good. Susan Patron. 2011. Simon & Schuster. 210 pages.

The enemies invaded the trailers.

Lucky's adventures in her small desert community continue.  

Since I enjoyed the second book in this series--at least more than I did the first book, the award-winning first book, The Higher Power of Lucky--I wanted to read the third book, Lucky For Good. (The second book is Lucky Breaks.)

If you have enjoyed both previous books, chances are you'll enjoy this one too. You may find it a charming addition to the series. You may appreciate the changes going on in Lucky's life and in Lucky's community. Some of the changes are even big--Miles' mother coming back, for example. Family issues--family relationships--are explored and tested in this one.

But. I just didn't enjoy this one. I didn't feel a connection--a good connection at least--with any of the characters. And the plot, well, it didn't hold my attention. Reading is subjective, and if you have loved the characters in the past, then you might think this well worth reading.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: