Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's On Your Nightstand (October)

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books. Here's what I'm currently reading:

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Oliver Twist was such a satisfying read for me that I just HAD to read more Dickens right away. Though David Copperfield is a long book--a big commitment--it has been a good fit for me so far. I'm almost halfway through it!

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Do I really need a reason to reread Jane Eyre?! It's just such a comfortable book that I love and adore.

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. I just finished The Fellowship of the Ring. And I am very eager to read the second book!!! This was always my favorite of the movies.

The Autobiography of Agatha Christie. I'm enjoying this one--for the most part. But it is SO VERY VERY long, and incredibly detailed. I think it's best perhaps to try to take this one slow--at its own pace.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Wow, serious classics, there!

JaneGS said...

Interesting to read DC and JE at the same time as aspects of their childhood experiences are similar--I love both of these so much. Among the novels I read early and often. Enjoy!

Charlie Pulsipher said...

This in an interesting mix. Dicken and Tolkien at the same time actually sounds fun.

renee alberts said...

If I had read this Book Review for Jane Eyre when I was in highschool, I wouldn't have reached for the cliff notes. I can't wait to read it now.