Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday Salon: Week In Review #17

What I Reviewed at Becky's Book Reviews

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. C.S. Lewis. 1952. HarperCollins. 256 pages.
Wickham's Diary. Amanda Grange. 2011. Sourcebooks. 208 pages. 
What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew: From Fox Hunting to Whist -- The Facts of Daily Life in 19th Century England. Daniel Pool. 1994. Simon & Schuster. 416 pages.  

What I Reviewed at Operation Actually Read Bible

Discovering Jesus: Why Four Gospels to Portray One Person? T.D. Alexander. 2010. Crossway Publishers. 144 pages.
Through Gates of Splendor. Elisabeth Elliot. 1956/2005. Tyndale. 296 pages.
Cries From the Cross: A Journey Into the Heart of Jesus. Erwin Lutzer. 2002. Moody. 170 pages.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

You had a great week. The Jane Austen and Charles Dickens book sounds like a good one.

Bellezza said...

The amount of what you read is incrdible to me! I'm so amazed at how much you can complete in a week. Thank you for joining me in the Bible reading this Lent, with your own New Testament Challenge. I didn't finish all of it, but I was so inspired it (as I always am by His word). It's wonderful to share it with you. Blessings, and Happy Easter Becky!

Lenasledgeblog.com said...

I am amazed at how much you read, especially in a weekend. I could sure use your discipline when reading. Thanks for the reviews.

SURAJIT said...

An even greater aspiration for me is that this book reach deep into the mind of anyone who is contemplating taking their life and show them that they are not alone, that there is always another answer, another way, no matter what. Those so desperate need to know that they don't just destroy themselves, but everyone around them as well; their family, friends and acquaintances. I pray that my perilous journey through those darkest days will bring light and hope to anyone on that final path, and draw them back.
buy ebook