Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Library Loot: Third Trip in January


Here are the books I couldn't resist this week. It's a good example of what happens when I go in with a list of five titles to get.

New Loot:

Manga Shakespeare: As You Like It by William Shakespeare
Manga Shakespeare: King Lear by William Shakespeare
Manga Shakespeare: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare.
Manga Shakespeare: Othello by William Shakespeare.
The Babysitters Club #3 Mary Anne Saves the Day (Graphic Novel)
The Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon
Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Candor by Pam Bachorz
Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
Romeo's Ex: Rosaline's Story by Lisa Fiedler
The Collector's Book of Science Fiction by H.G. Wells
Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
2001 Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke
Redemption by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley

Leftover Loot:

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
One Second After by William R. Forstchen
Tiger Moon by Antonia Michaelis
Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
My Lord John by Georgette Heyer
Pistols for Two by Georgette Heyer
The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyer
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose
The Norton Book of Science Fiction (Stories) by ?
The Fifth Queen by Ford Madox Ford
The Martian Race by Gregory Benford
Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
How Do I Love Thee by Nancy Moser
The Edge of the World by Kevin J. Anderson
According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
Drift: Stories by Victoria Patterson
The Moment Between by Nicole Baart
Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Red Pony by John Steinbeck
The Museum of Mary Child by Cassandra Golds
Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume 2B: The Greatest Science Fiction Novellas of All Time

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

9 comments:

Paige Y. said...

Great list, Becky.

Candor is a book I've wanted to read for a while. I had forgotten to put it on my to-read list. Thanks for reminding me.

I loved Once Was Lost so much I chose it for my teacher's book club read for March. Hope you enjoy it too.

Rivka said...

Once Upon a Marigold is one of my favorite fairy tales!!! I am actually currently [eagerly] tracking the package containing the sequel :o)

Suko said...

The Manga Shakespeare sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

Well, this looks like a perfectly reasonable outcome to me... or list, including the leftover loot... :) L.

Anonymous said...

2001 is good, the film is better but then the film just so happens to be one of the greatest films of all time.

Anonymous said...

Thats an awesome list!! I've been thinking about Manga Shakespeare for awhile! Maybe I'll take the plunge!

Eva said...

Enjoy them! I've heard nothing but good things about the manga shakespeare. :)

Marg said...

Awesome looking loot! Enjoy them!

Kathleen said...

If I ever get through my review books I will be able to go to the library and truly pick what I want. I miss doing that!