Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Readathon


Today is the 24 Hour Readathon. It starts at 7AM Central Time. I *will* not be up until later in the day. (I don't know *when* exactly that will be. But trust me, it probably won't be at 7!) But I did want to let everyone know that I plan on joining in the fun all day and then some!

I'll try to update throughout the read-a-thon. I'm not sure if I'll review all the books I read, or if I'll save them to review during the week.

Hour 1 Meme:

Where are you reading from today?

my house

3 facts about me …


I have no idea what books I'll be reading


I don't know if I should read Cybils books and be 'good'...or if I should read some of the books I've been saving up to read.


I'm not a morning person.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?


I don't know that I have a definite 'tbr pile' for the read-a-thon. Don't get me wrong, I have stacks of books all over the place. But I don't know what I'll be reading

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?


No goals.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?


Don't be afraid to read longer books. If you can find one engaging enough or compelling enough it will keep you motivated to read.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Blaize said...

Happy reading today, Becky!

Lynn said...

Have fun today! I won't be reading, but I'll be cheerleading and hosting a mini challenge tonight. I remember when 7:00AM seemed early. Now if our toddler sleeps that long, we all cheer at the late sleep-in. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Tif Sweeney said...

Good luck today! I'm a fellow reader and off to do just that!! Have fun!!

kikiv68 said...

I send you good and happy vibes from sunny South Florida. I am so glad that I have "bumped" into your blog! This is my first Read-A-Thon so I am between reading and cheerleading all at once...Oh! and also having a lot of fun. I hope you are, too!

Louise said...

Hey Becky

Hope you will have much fun today.

The Read-a-Thon began for me at 2 PM, since 5 AM Pacific Time means 2 PM Copenhagen Time ;) I hope to be able to hang around for many more hours... I am not reading though, but having a lot of fun working my way through a lot of great blogs to cheer.

Vasilly said...

Happy reading!