Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Much Ado About Shakespeare


The Little Bookworm is hosting the Much Ado About Shakespeare Challenge. September 1, 2009 - April 26, 2010. Read or watch six Shakespeare-related-items. Post links to reviews here.

1) A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999)
2) A Midsummer Night's Dream (1935)
3) William S. and the Great Escape. Zilpha Keatley Snyder.
4) Manga Shakespeare: Julius Caesar
5) Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors
6) Manga Shakespeare: Much Ado About Nothing
7) Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne
8) Romeo's Ex: Rosaline's Story. By Lisa Fiedler.

"Read 6 of any Shakespeare's works or any book inspired by a Shakespeare play. You can also watch any movie from or inspired by a Shakespeare play." and "Need some suggestions, check here or here for movies and books check here or here. These lists are intended as inspiration and are by no means comprehensive."



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

mariel said...

ooh right up my alley!

Andrea said...

Thanks for joining! I hope you enjoy your picks.

Ceri said...

Ooh, I'd love to do this challenge. I love Shakespeare ... Unfortunately I've got way too many challenges I'm already struggling to keep up with.

Good luck, hun :-D Any idea on what plays you'll read/watch yet? :-)

Becky said...

Ceri, I know I'm planning on reading a couple of novel adaptations. There's one called Lady MacBeth's Daughter by Lisa Klein releasing in October. And another called Hamlet by John Marsden. And I'd like to read Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors and maybe The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper.

As far as movies go, I want to watch 10 Things I Hate About You.

But of course I'd like to read one or two Shakespeare plays.