Saturday, August 08, 2009

Random Clips From Recent Movies

One of my favorite scenes from Lost in Austen. Perhaps a scene that is better appreciated if you're already familiar with this one of Colin Firth. (In other words, my dad had no idea what made me turn all giggly.) For further thoughts on this one...read my review here.



I also watched the 1940 Pride and Prejudice.



This was my first time to see Gene Kelly in The Three Musketeers. Have you seen it? Which Three Musketeers is your favorite? If you were Constance, would you have giggled too? Part of me is curious if Singin' in the Rain was intentionally poking fun at him in his portrayal of The Three Musketeers...



I also saw Amazing Grace this week.

And perhaps saving the best for last....I fell in love with Sir Percy this week...



and



I especially, especially loved the song at 3:40. And this next clip shows the French dance that goes with it. Though it's at the very end.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Booklogged said...

Becky, if you haven't seen Scarlet Pimpernel starring Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour, I think you would really enjoy it. It's my favorite. Of course, then you need to listen to the songs from the musical. Someday I hope to see the musical. There's a love song in the score that just breaks my heart.

Paige Y. said...

I haven't seen this version of the Scarlet Pimpernel the version with Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour. I'll have to Netflix this one.

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you liked Lost in Austen!! I got all giggly (actually, I think I was outright laughing) during that scene too. It's a classic.

And I really liked the Gene Kelly Three Musketeers, too.

Looks like you had a good movie week, all around!

Becky said...

Booklogged, I'm trying to get both the Jane Seymour (1982?) and the Leslie Howard (1934?) versions of The Scarlet Pimpernel for comparison.

I had no idea there was a musical. I'll have to seek out that as well.

Melissa, I did. I've been really enjoying myself. I'm glad I'm not the only one getting all giggly :)

Marg said...

I have loved The Scarlet Pimpernel for years, and Richard E Grant really nailed it didn't he!

Lost in Austen was lots of fun too.

Lepidoptera said...

Not having seen "Lost in Austen", I did not realize that there was a takeoff from the BBC version. That is funny, and, of course, was not in the book.

Gene Kelly in "The Three Musketeers"? I have seen several of his movies but not this one. Quite the comedy for sure. Make 'em laugh!

Lepidoptera said...

Not having seen "Lost in Austen", I did not realize that there was a takeoff from the BBC version. That is funny, and, of course, was not in the book.

Gene Kelly in "The Three Musketeers"? I have seen several of his movies but not this one. Quite the comedy for sure. Make 'em laugh!