Monday, February 16, 2009

Jazz Week Concluded

I hope you have enjoyed my Jazz Week. Yes, I know that it ran longer than a week--but I was having SO MUCH FUN I just couldn't help myself. I'd love to have some feedback on what you thought of my theme. Would you like to see future theme-weeks in the future? Would you like to suggest a theme? In case you missed a post (or two) here is the complete listing of my themed-posts.

Wynton Marsalis' Jazz ABZ. 2005. (Poetry/Picture Book)
Leo and Diane Dillon's Jazz On A Saturday Night. 2007. (Picture Book)
Karen Ehrhardt's This Jazz Man. 2006. (Picture book)
Stephanie Stein Crease's Duke Ellington His Life In Jazz. 2009. (Nonfiction)
Carole Boston Weatherford's Before John Was a Jazz Giant. 2008. (Picture Book)
Muriel Harris Weinstein's When Louis Armstrong Taught Me Scat. 2008. (Picture Book)
Eric Kimmel's A Horn for Louis. 2005. (Chapter Book)
James Lincoln Collier's The Louis Armstrong You Never Knew. 2004. (Nonfiction Chapter Book)
Lisa Wheeler's Jazz Baby. 2007. (Picture Book)
William Miller's Rent Party Jazz. 2001. (Picture Book)
Thacher Hurd's Mama Don't Allow. 1984 (Picture Book)
Walter Dean Myer's Jazz. 2006. (Poetry/Picture Book)
Andrea Davis Pinkney's Duke Ellington. 1998. (Picture Book Biography)
Andrea Davis Pinkney's Ella Fitzgerald. 2002. (Picture Book Biography)
Jonah Winter's Dizzy. 2006. (Picture Book Biography)
Robert Andrew Parker's Piano Starts Here: The Young Art Tatum. 2008. (Picture Book Biography)
Al Perkin's Hand, Hand, Fingers. Thumb. 1969. Random House. (Picture Book)


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: