Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Announcing FOUR 2009 Mini-Challenges

I love hosting mini-challenges for many reasons. I love the fact that they're mini. Two books. Two little (or not so little in some cases) books. Nothing to overwhelm you. Just pure and simple fun. I like challenges. I choose authors that are either challenging for me--extra-incentive to read on my part...OR I choose authors that I think everyone in the world needs to be familiar with. So who are the lucky four authors this time?

Representing the dead white guys, we've got John Steinbeck and Daniel Defoe.

And representing the very very best in current YA literature we've got Sarah Dessen and Scott Westerfeld. Those two fall into the category of the best of the best of the best.

To sign up for any of these challenges, click their names. I *know* that the link color is hard to distinguish at times from the regular text. But the links are there. :)

All FOUR challenges have the start date of January 1, 2009. (All likewise end on December 31, 2009). Two books are required per author. Audio books are welcome. (Some movies apply as well. But not for all the challenges.)

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Kailana said...

hm... I really should do mini-challenges. I could read a couple of books of my TBR pile. I will have to think about it because I don't generally do challenges...

Unknown said...

Oh, no - here I go again! I think this is the first challenge I've signed up for 2009. Count me in!

Unknown said...

Because I'll have an entire year, sign me up for all 4 - that's only 8 books, right?!!

Grilsgood said...

I wouldlike the Steinbeck, not into YA books. Lindy

Grilsgood said...

I wouldlike the Steinbeck, not into YA books. Lindy