Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cybils, The End of Nominating Draws Near....

Nominations close at midnight tomorrow, Wednesday, November 21, 2007. That gives you two days to get in those last minute votes. Here are the categories:

Fantasy/Science Fiction
Fiction Picture Books
Graphic Novels
Middle Grade Fiction
Non-Fiction: Middle Grade and Young Adult
Non-Fiction Picture Books
Poetry
Young Adult Fiction

I, for one, can't believe that Sonya Sones' new verse novel, What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know, hasn't been nominated yet. Seriously. It was so, so, good. If you haven't nominated in the young adult category, please consider this one. :) And I also enjoyed Something Rotten by Alan Gratz.

In fantasy and science fiction, I would love to see Unwind by Neal Shusterman and Iris, Messenger by Sarah Deming. And how about Neal Gaiman's newest Interworld? Or Epic by Conor Kostick. If you're stumped to what to nominate...well, those were some I've really enjoyed.

In fiction picture books, I'd love to see Jazz Baby by Lisa Wheeler nominated. And I loved Look At You! A Baby Body Book by Kathy Henderson.

And in middle grade/young adult nonfiction, I'd love to see Animals in the House: A History of Pets and People by Sheila Keenan be nominated. It was so so good!

Here's where YOU can help me out. I'm drawing blanks when it comes to choosing what to nominate for Middle Grade. Here's my problem: the titles that are coming to mind for this age group are either
A) Already Nominated
or
B) Belong in the Fantasy/Science Fiction category

So I'm open to hearing ideas of what you think should be nominated.

The categories where I haven't had my voice (but have every intention of doing so) Middle Grade Fiction, Nonfiction Picture Book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if I hadn't already nominated in the middle grade category, I would definitely be putting up Love, Stargirl. I loooved that book!