Monday, November 12, 2007

Best Illustrated Children's Books 2007 (NYT)

Here is the Slideshow of the Best Illustrated Children's Books of 2007 as selected by the New York Times.

Every Friday by Dan Yaccarino. I am so happy to see this one on the list. I just loved it. So simple. But just so right. So perfect.

Jabberwocky illustrated by Christopher Myers. This one popped up not so long ago on a best list. I'll have to see if I can track this one down. I haven't seen it yet.

The Arrival by Shaun Tan. I saw this one for all of a minute. It is something I'm interested in though. In fact, I requested a review copy of it back in August. But no luck so far. I find it odd that a company that was so willing to work with me in the spring and summer...would suddenly decide to ignore me. But I'll track this one down one way or the other.

First the Egg by Lauren Vaccaro Seeger. Looks good. I haven't heard of this one before. But 2007 does seem to be the year for chickens. I'd love to read and review this one.

Not a Box by Antoinette Portis. Heard of it, but haven't read it.

600 Black Spots by David A. Carter. Never heard of it. Want to know more!

The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea by Guy Billout. Never heard of it.

The Wall by Peter Sis. Who hasn't heard of this one??? I still haven't read it. But it's on my to do list.

Old Penn Station by William Low. Haven't heard of it.

Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. Read it last spring.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I'm so glad The Arrival made the list!!! It's certainly the most beautiful book I've bought all year. I want to frame every page of it. Tan is such an amazing artist. I haven't read any of these other ones...I'll have to check some of them out!

Karlene said...

Hey Becky. Thanks for the heads up on Mary Englebreit's illustrated classics. I hadn't heard about those.