Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Still Pondering

As August 1, 2007, is getting closer and closer...I've been spending more and more time each day trying to create my list for the Something About Me Reading Challenge hosted by Lisa at breakingforth.blogspot.com. A less obsessed person would take ten minutes and choose five or six books and be done with it. But I am not less obsessed. I am above and beyond obsessed when it comes to reading, challenges, and making lists. Which makes for very enthusiastic reviews. Very passionate conversations. But some frantic times as well.

Things I know for certain:

From Sarah Miller's List I am reading All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten: Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things by Robert Fulghum. (I may read Zel if I get the chance. But it's at the inconvenient branch of the library.)

From Sally, a.book.in.the.life, Vasilly, I will be reading So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson.

These two books I've checked out from my library today.

Things I'm somewhat certain of...

I am still craving Lord of the Rings from Rhinoa's list even though I know it is insane to tackle that book while trying to be responsible with all my commitments.

Tiny Little Librarian's Gallery of Regrettable Food by James Lileks still looks like it would be fun. I had planned to check it out this trip, but it was gone. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch it sometime between now and December.

Things I'm still on the fence about...

Booklogged's Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading by Maureen Corrigan (NF) sounds intriguing but since my library only has it in audio book, I'm not sure I could make myself read it. Audiobooks, for me, can sometimes be more trouble than they're worth.

And there are several on this list that I've already committed myself to reading for other challenges. But the Book Awards Challenge goes through June. And so I may not get to these for a while since I'll most likely trying to tackle Lord of the Rings. (To Kill A Mockingbird, Gone With The Wind) So I could crosspost my reviews.

Peter Pan is tempting me. It is on Athena's list. But I've already read it several times. I just haven't read it since starting my blog. And somehow it seems unfair to all those other books to pick one I'm already so-in-love with.

Also Pride & Prejudice. There are several Austen-related books coming out this year...and she is just so so good. I may not be able to resist this one. (bookworm, Pattie)

So the good news is I'm fairly certain on three of my titles.

No comments: