Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Harry by the Sea

Harry by the Sea. Gene Zion. Illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham. 1976. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Harry was a white dog with black spots who liked everything about the seashore, except...the hot sun.

Premise/plot: Harry gets too hot at the beach, and, while looking for some shade, accidentally gets swept out to sea. The good news is he makes it back to shore. The bad news? He's covered in seaweed and EVERYONE mistakes him for a sea monster. Can this misunderstanding be cleared up before he's captured? Will he be reunited with his family?

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I'd read other books in the series. But we did not have Harry By the Sea in our home library. I had no idea this one existed until I spotted it at the library. (I might have squealed a bit.) It was a very fun book.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: