Sunday, May 14, 2017

Big Sister, Little Sister

Big Sister, Little Sister. LeUyen Pham. 2005. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: In this family, we have two sisters. She's the Big Sister. I'm the Little Sister. The Big Sister usually does things first. I'm the Little Sister. I'm always catching up.

Premise/plot: Who has it better? The Big Sister or the Little Sister?! Pham celebrates both roles really well, in my opinion. (I'm a LITTLE sister). I could see myself--and my sister--in this one.

My thoughts: I love, love, love, LOVE this one. I was very happy for the chance to read it again. I love the writing. I love the narrative. The Little Sister has such a distinct voice and vibrant personality.

The Big Sister is very neat. I'm the Little Sister. I'm not.
The Big Sister gets to stay up later and watch TV. I'm the Little Sister. I go to bed at 7:30. Sometimes.
The Big Sister isn't afraid of the dark. I'm the Little Sister. Help!
I also love, love, love the illustrations.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10



© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: