Friday, October 30, 2015

Big Dog and Little Dog Wearing Sweaters

Big Dog and Little Dog Wearing Sweaters. Dav Pilkey. 2015. HMH. 24 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I happen to love Big Dog and Little Dog. You might come to love them too if you read this oh-so-fun series of Early Readers published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Dav Pilkey's series is super-fun.

Little Dog has a sweater. Big Dog does not. Does he want a sweater? Of course! Little Dog and Big Dog go in search of a sweater. Will they find one? Will it be easy or difficult? How much "help" does Big Dog need?

Out of all the Big Dog Little Dog books I've read, this one is probably my least favorite. I think probably because it's not quite as funny as the previous books in the series. That being said, I still love the series overall and would definitely recommend them. This title is good, but not GREAT. Good is still worth reading, in my opinion!

This book does have activities at the end. This one has a maze, for example. But new readers can also practice story sequencing. 

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: