Saturday, June 06, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #23

Hop On Pop. Dr. Seuss. 1963. Random House. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: 
Up
Pup
Pup is up.
Cup
Pup
Pup in cup.
Pup 
Cup
Cup on pup.

Premise/plot: Is there a premise to Hop on Pop other than to make rhyming words into silly sentences?! For example,
Hop
Pop
We like to hop.
We like to hop on top of Pop.
STOP
You must not hop on Pop.
My thoughts: I like this one just fine. There are some truly fun sentences in this one. Is it one of my favorites? Probably not. But it is simple book just right for beginning readers. Most of the words are sight words or words that are easy to sound out.

Have you read Hop on Pop? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is Fox in Socks.


© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: