Saturday, April 04, 2015

Ten Pigs (2015)

Ten Pigs: An Epic Bath Adventure. Derek Anderson. 2015. [April] Scholastic. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: One pig. One very happy pig. "This bathtub is perfect for just me and you." But along comes Pig Number Two. Two? Two? This tub is too small for a duck, two pigs, and a bouncy ball!

Premise/Plot: One pig's oh-so-perfect bath with his ducky is interrupted multiple times--this is a COUNTING BOOK AFTER ALL--by pigs who insist on joining him in the tub. Each pig has his/her own bath toy. DRAMA is to be had within the pages of Ten Pigs. What will Pig #1 do to get his tub back to himself. He may resort to trickery!

My thoughts: This one is quite cute. I liked it. I liked the text. I liked the illustrations. It's just a fun read.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: