Saturday, February 22, 2014

Week In Review: February 16-22

The Long Winter. Laura Ingalls Wilder. 1940. 334 pages. [Source: Library]
The Grimm Conclusion. Adam Gidwitz. 2013. Penguin. 368 pages. [Source: Library]
Bubble World. Carol Snow. 2013. Henry Holt. 352 pages. [Source: Library]
Hideous Love: The Story of The Girl Who Wrote Frankenstein. Stephanie Hemphill. 2013. HarperCollins. 320 pages. [Source: Library]
A Home for Mr. Emerson. Barbara Kerley. Illustrated by Edwin Fotheringham. 2014. Scholastic. 48 pages. [Source: Review copy]
The Eustace Diamonds. Anthony Trollope. 1873. 794 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Where Courage Calls. Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. 2014. Bethany House. 336 pages. [Source: Library]
Knowledge of the Holy. A.W. Tozer. 1961/1978. HarperCollins. 128 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]

This week's favorite:

It is a hard choice this week. Do I choose The Long Winter a book I've read dozens of times? Or do I choose an almost book? A book that I almost love but not quite? I found The Eustace Diamonds to be mostly satisfying but slightly frustrating at the same time! Trollope is a delight to read, a pure joy. But then again so is Laura Ingalls Wilder. I choose The Long Winter!

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: