Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Geeks: ABC's of Favorite Authors

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this week's weekly geek theme
You know how when someone asks you who your favorite author is? And you feel a bit crazy coming up with just one? Now is your chance to come up with 26 (at least) favorite authors by making a list of  them ABC style.  (See my above link from the past for an example.) There are no rules, list a couple per letter if you feel the need. Skip a letter if you draw a blank. Make it be categories if you want to.  For instance, a favorite YA author list. A favorite classic author list.  A favorite "new to me" author list. A favorite mystery author list.

Or simply an all time favorite author list... from A to Z! 
D -- Charles Dickens. Bleak House, Our Mutual Friend. Little Dorrit.
E -- Julie Edwards. Mandy.
F -- Nancy Farmer. The House of the Scorpion. The Sea of Trolls. The Land of Silver Apples (coming soon!)
I -- Eva Ibbotson. Countess Below Stairs.
J -- Diana Wynne Jones. Howl's Moving Castle. Castle in the Air, House of Many Ways. Enchanted Glass. The Spellcoats.
K -- Kate diCamillo. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, The Tale of Despereaux, Mercy Watson Thinks Like A Pig, Mercy Watson to the Rescue, Mercy Watson Goes For A Ride, Mercy Watson Fights Crime, Mercy Watson Princess in Disguise, Mercy Watson Something Wonky This Way Comes. The Magician's Elephant.
L -- Lois Lowry. The GiverGathering Blue. Messenger. GossamerThe Birthday Ball. The Willoughbys. Number the Stars.
M -- L.M. Montgomery! The Blue Castle, A Tangled Web, Chronicles of Avonlea, Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, Emily's Quest, Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Poplars, Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside, Rainbow Valley, Rilla of Ingleside, Kilmeny of the Orchard.
N -- Patrick Ness. Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and The Answer, Monsters of Men
O -- ORSON Scott Card -- Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, The Worthing Saga. Empire. Lost Boys; Ender's Game, (Ender's Game), War of Gifts, Ender in Exile, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Pathfinder. The Lost Gate.
P -- Terry Pratchett  Nation, The Wee Free Men. A Hat Full of Sky. Wintersmith. The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. Wyrd Sisters.
Q -- Julia Quinn: The Duke and I, The Viscount Who Loved Me, An Offer From A Gentleman, Romancing Mister Bridgerton, To Sir Phillip, With Love, When He Was Wicked, The Lost Duke of Wyndham. Mr. Cavendish, I Presume.What Happens in London. Ten Things I Love About You.
X
Y --  Jane Yolen.  Sword of the Rightful King
Z -- Markus Zusak. The Book Thief. I Am Messenger.


© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Molly (Restless Reader) said...

I couldn't come up with an author for X either!

Marce said...

Wow what a list. I would be able to do the A-Z but not as all favourites, 26 favourite authors, that is remarkable.

Debi said...

Wow, Becky! That is one impressive list! And great fun to read. :D I'm not sure I've even read books by an author of every letter, let alone have favorites. But then I only read about a millionth as many books as you do! :P

Anonymous said...

Nice list! It looks like we share a lot of authors we like. I just finished my first Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men, and loved it. I'm working on Gaskell's North and South but put it down. I know she has many fans though so I do mean to finish one of these days.

Erotic Horizon said...

That is quite a comprehensive list - I Will have to go through and add a few authors to my own reading list..

X - is definately the letter kicking our butts..

:)

Wall-to-wall books said...

I love the way you listed books with your Authors! That took quite a bit of time.