Friday, March 12, 2010

11 Birthdays (MG)


11 Birthdays. Wendy Mass. 2009. Scholastic. 272 pages. (Newly Available in Paperback).

The oddest thing about Angelina D'Angelo was that no one could remember a time when she didn't live in Willow Falls.

What a fun fantasy! And it has a great jacket description: "On their first birthday, they learned to walk. On their fifth, they planted seeds in handmade pots. On their tenth, they learned there are some words you can never take back."

Amanda and Leo were born on the same day. Their families met briefly in the hospital. Very briefly. Yet, one year later they find themselves sharing (quite by accident) the birthday room at Mr. McAllister's Magic Castle Birthday Party Palace. And a friendship is born. These two seem destined to share every birthday together, destined to be best friends.

But. Something big happens on their tenth birthday. Something that will keep them speaking to each other for over a year. Yet, fate isn't finished with this pair quite yet! She has a way of getting exactly what she wants.

Can this friendship be mended? Time itself may prove the best motivation yet!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Olivia said...

11 Birthdays is a book I have seen on the shelves of the bookstore when I take my weekly trip. I have been hesitating to get it because I fell I don't know much about it. I do not know if I will like it. Scince you did a reveiw on it, I feel like 11 Birthdays Is a book I will throughly enjoy. I will be buying it as soon as my mom can get me over to my local Barnes+Noble.