Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reasons to Love Shannon Hale...


Welcome to the third day of the Calamity Jack tour. I thought I'd take a few minutes to share why I love Shannon Hale so much. And the first few reasons have nothing to do with the books she's authored. As great as they are, I would still love her as much if she was just a blogger. You see, she has a great little blog. And she really contributes to the community with her posts. You *should* definitely seek out her posts on "How To Be A Reader."

How To Be A Reader: Reader Responsibility
How To Be A Reader: Author Responsibility
How To Be A Reader: How Becoming An Author Changed Me As A Reader
How To Be A Reader: Reviewing the Review
How To Be A Reader: The Moral of the Story Is...
The Moral of the--Wait, what's a moral?
How To Be A Reader: Good book, vs. Bad Book
How To Be a Reader: Why Write a Good Book
How To Be A Reader: Making Yourself Fully Literate
How To Be A Reader, Book Evaluation vs. Self Evaluation
Let Them Eat Pictures
Commenting on comments, reviewing reviews

Now is it absolutely essential that authors have websites and blogs? Probably not. But I certainly like discovering my favorite authors have a blog to follow.

Now, let's talk about her books. I love them. I do. These are the ones I've reviewed:

Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, Forest Born.

Princess Academy

Book of a Thousand Days

Austenland

There is only one novel that I haven't read yet, The Actor & The Housewife.

Have you read any Shannon Hale books? Do you have a favorite?

To see what others are saying about Shannon Hale...



Sally Apokedak, Reading is my Superpower, firesidemusings.blogspot.com, Through the Looking Glass Book Review , Booking Mama, Cafe of Dreams, Becky’s Book Reviews, The Hungry Readers, , My Own Little Corner of the World, Book Blather, GreenBeanTeenQueen, Book Crumbs , Abby (the) Librarian, Dolce Bellezza, Homeschoolbuzz.com, The Book Cellar, Carrie’s YA Bookshelf, Bookshelf Monstrosity, Everyday Reading, Frenetic Reader, KidzBookBuzz.com

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

8 comments:

Emily said...

I'm a huge Shannon Hale fan. And, oddly enough, the only novel of hers I haven't read is "The Actor and the Housewife." She is a wonderful writer, and I'm so glad she's here in Utah. :D

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I loved Princess Academy and just got Goose Girl for Christmas. You're right, her blog is fabulous, as is yours :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love her blog and her books! I just read Goose Girl and am starting Enna Burning and I have to say that Goose Girl is probably my favorite of her books. I've read Thousand Days and Princess Academy and Austenland and even The Actor and the Housewife.

I've managed to be in Utah with the perfect timing to attend an event and something always gets in the way, and I have to say that's starting to bug me a little.

teacherninja said...

Hear, hear on Ms. Hale's awesomeness!

sally said...

I think Book of a Thousand Days is my favorite. But then Goosegirl...amd River Secrets...and...oh, I think whichever book I'm reading at the time will always be my favorite Shannon Hale book. :)

Annette said...

Thank you so much for posting her site, I'd not heard of her.
I have a stack of books to read on reading: How to Read a Book, The Child That Books Built, The Little Guide to Your Well-Read Life, From Cover to Cover.
My husband has a learning disability in reading, he also was in an accident as a child and had more damage done to this disability (his eyes have a hard time staying focusing on each individual word.) He hates to read, hates books.
And to think he married a gal that could sleep with and take a bath with books, I adore them!

NatalieSap said...

Read them all and have to say that The Actor and the Housewife is my favorite, even though I love love love all her others. Shannon Hale has quickly climbed to the top of my favorite authors list. :)