Thursday, February 12, 2009

BTT: Blogging Authors

btt button

Suggested by Barbara H.:

A comment on someone else’s BTT question this week inspired this question:

Do you read any author’s blogs? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?

My answer:
I do read author blogs. Elizabeth Scott. Susan Beth Pfeffer. Sarah Miller. Robin Brande. Cynthia Leitich Smith. John Green. Orson Scott Card. Sarah Dessen. Carrie Jones. Shannon Hale. I probably read even more than that actually. I'm sure I've forgotten one or two. Or three. Or four.

I read blogs. Hundreds of them. End of story. Sometimes these bloggers are authors. Sometimes they're not. I read them partly to keep up with their latest work. But more to the point, I read them because they're interesting, entertaining, relevant, fun.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

zetor said...

Ilike to check my favourites often to find out about future books, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/booking-through-thursday_12.html

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I like book news!

Authors Talking

Confuzzled Shannon said...

How do you have time to read all the books you read and read blogs too? I am in awe!

Staci said...

I love reading blogs about reading and books and authors!! As long as they're interesting I'll keep coming back for more.

Nise' said...

"I read them because they're interesting, entertaining, relevant, fun" Ditto.

Robin M said...

I love reading the author blogs. Great links by the way - off to check them out.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

I get about 75% of my reading suggestions from blogs -- both reviewers and my fellow authors' blogs. Definitely a great resource and plus I think you can tell a lot about an author's novels by reading their blog.