Monday, July 14, 2008

Disney Literature Challenge

The ever-fabulous Sarah Miller is hosting her first challenge. It is the DISNEY LITERATURE CHALLENGE. And I believe it would fall in the category of perpetual challenges in that it doesn't have preset start/end dates assigned. Join by leaving a comment on her site. And participants are also supposed to go to that post to leave comments on their progress.

She has a list of books (and their corresponding movies to choose from. She also has two bonus categories.

Here are books I'm considering

Pinnochio  by Carlo Collodi (Don't own this but might seek it out.)
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll (I've already read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland this year.)
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
The Hundred and One Dalmations by Dodie Smith (I have a copy of this I've been meaning to get to.)
The Once and Future King by T.H. White (I've been meaning to finish this one. I read The Sword in the Stone in the spring.)
Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers. (I've read this once, but if I can find a copy I might reread. But I make no promises.)
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne (I've read Winnie the Pooh already this year.)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo (I *may* be brave and try to read this one day.)
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs (My mother would *love* it if I read this one. She thinks I'll never do it. And I admit I'm not particularly eager to brave this one. She challenged me to read this one. And I told her if she'd read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, I'd read Tarzan. But so far, Mom is not any closer to reading Frankenstein.




Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Lezlie said...

Oh, Becky! The Hunchback of Notre Dame is *such* a good book! I hope you do get brave and read it. Once you work your way past the flowery descriptions of the cathedral and the views from its towers, the story is mesermizing!

Lezlie

Sarah Miller said...

Knew I could count on you for a challenge. :)