Sunday, May 04, 2008

Southern Reading Challenge

May 15th through August 15th 2008
3 books required

I'm not exactly sure which three books I'll be reading for the Southern Reading Challenge. I have several that I could read. Zora Neale Hurston's Complete Short Stories. ZNH's Mules and Men. ZNH's Jonah's Gourd Vine. The Awakening by Kate Chopin. Christy by Catherine Marshall. (Maybe Julie by Catherine Marshall???) Or I could take this opportunity to reread some of my childhood favorites: Eugenia Price.

Savannah by Eugenia Price
To See Your Face Again by Eugenia Price
Before the Darkness Falls by Eugenia Price
Stranger in Savannah by Eugenia Price
Bright Captivity by Eugenia Price
Where Shadows Go by Eugenia Price
Beauty in the Ashes by Eugenia Price
Maria by Eugenia Price
Margaret’s Story by Eugenia Price
Don Juan McQueen by Eugenia Price
The Beloved Invader by Eugenia Price
New Moon Rising by Eugenia Price
Lighthouse by Eugenia Price

So from those choices--most likely--I'll read three.

1)
2)
3)

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Lori Thornton said...

It's been years since I read Eugenia Price, but I always loved her coastal South books!

maggie moran said...

I think you forgot about this one!?! It wasn't in your "Weekly Geek #9" list. Looks like an easy thing to do with all the different ones you are involved in, huh? ;)

maggie moran said...

Well, I can guess you did not finish, but thanks for thinking of playing. Have a nice year and I hope to see you next summer. :)