Wednesday, March 19, 2008

D.E.A.R. Week One


March 12th: Today I went to the library. I finished three books. All of them easy reads. I read "Kristy's Great Idea" done graphic style. The Babysitter's Club Graphic Novels. It was okay. I was surprised by how much I remembered. And surprised by how dated the book was. The second book I read was The Rules of Gentility by Janet Mullany. It was fun. Pure fun. It was a new-to-me author. The third book was The Duke and I by Julia Quinn. It is a reread. It is the first book in the Bridgerton series. Regency romance novels.

March 13th: I didn't finish a book today. That's not exactly true. I finished The Truth About Stacey another Babysitters Club graphic novel. But since it won't count in Shady Glade's challenge (no books from the same author allowed; one per author) I didn't feel the need or desire to review it. I read in Sense and Sensibility. I read in I, Claudius. I read in London. I read in The 13th Reality by James Dashner. I read in Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George. That's five books that I dabbled in yesterday.

March 14th: Let's see. I read more in London. More in I, Claudius. More in The 13th Reality. More in Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. I completed two books. The first was Babymouse Skater Girl. I love Babymouse. In this episode (graphic novel) Babymouse pursues her dream of being a skater, an ice skater. She wants a trophy. She wants to "win" at something. And skating is her thing. The coach who discovers her thinks she's a natural. But what Babymouse doesn't expect when she begins her lessons is all the practicing and all the sacrifices. The coach says NO CUPCAKES. How can Babymouse live without the glorious goodness of cupcakes? Babymouse is forced to decide what she really wants in life, what she really wants out of her skating. Winning? Or having fun? The second book I read was Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse. It's a Newbery winner. And I'll be reviewing that one in a bit. I also finished reading The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn.

March 15th: I finished Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow today. That was exciting! I read more in The 13th Reality. I did NOT get any reading in London or I, Claudius, or Sense and Sensibility. But that's okay. It just means I'll have to get to it today. I also started An Offer From A Gentleman by Julia Quinn. This was actually the first Quinn book I'd read, the first of the Bridgerton series I read way back when. But it is the third in the series.

March 16th: Today I feel was a productive day. I finished London! I was beginning to despair that I ever would. (But that's another story.) I read in Sense and Sensibility. I finished the 13th Reality. And I finished An Offer From A Gentlemen. Which means that I'm not currently "in" the middle of any children's/YA books. So I'll be heading to my big big box and picking the next few reads. Which is always exciting!

March 17th: I read in I, Claudius. I started three new books last night. One Voice Please: Favorite Read-Aloud Stories by Sam McBratney. It's really fun. I'm looking forward to reviewing that one! The second book I started was Love (and Other Uses for Duct Tape) by Carrie Jones. It is really good. I'm liking it. I did enjoy the first. The character of Tom being one of my favorite male characters of the year. The second is just as good (if not better) than the first. The third book I began was Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. It is the fourth in the series. And it is by far my favorite favorite of the series. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it is my favorite romance novel of ALL TIME.

March 18th: I finished Love (and Other Uses for Duct Tape). I finished Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. I continued reading One Voice Please by Sam McBratney. I read in Sense and Sensibility. I started the fifth in the Bridgerton series. (But the title isn't coming to me at the moment.)

No comments: