Monday, March 19, 2007

Baba Yaga Addicted to 'Days'

I have been having the best time reading The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley. On Friday I reviewed THE FAIRY-TALE DETECTIVES. On Sunday I reviewed THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS. And today I bring you the third installment: THE SISTERS GRIMM: THE PROBLEM CHILD.

Buckley, Michael. 2006. The Problem Child.

The adventures never end for the Grimm family, just as the family was stepping out of danger in THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS, Sabrina is off for an adventure of her own trying to solve the big mystery of who kidnapped her parents. Fortunately, Puck is never far behind. (Not that Sabrina likes being rescued by Puck!!!) The danger they face this time--none other than Little Red Riding Hood and her pet "kitty" Jabberwocky. Yes, Sabrina now knows WHO took her parents and even WHY her parents were taken by the psychotic "little girl." But she still doesn't know WHERE they are or HOW to save them. Sabrina does realize that one person (even with unexpected help now and then) CANNOT hope to win against the bad guys. This is a family situation. How 'lucky' that the Grimm family is about to increase in numbers. Who should appear out of thin air but the girls' uncle??? Yes, Uncle Jake is in town...but does he create more problems than he solves? Uncle Jake is back and he has a few secrets...

The story will be continued in THE SISTERS GRIMM: ONCE UPON A CRIME which releases May 1, 2007, according to Amazon. (Oh how I'd love to get my hands on an ARC of this!!!!) It will be added to my "wish list" on the right as soon as I click "publish."

http://www.sistersgrimm.com/newsite/index.html

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is the only Sisters Grimm book I've read (for the Cybils). I need to go back and read the first two! The fourth one looks like so much fun, doesn't it!

Becky said...

It does look like fun, Erin. I can't wait to read it. I really enjoyed (and loved) all three books, but must admit I'm partial to the second. I like how the books can stand alone though. He does a nice job with that.

Gina Ruiz said...

I love this series! Your reviews on it are great as well. I'm so glad I found your blog - I've added it to my blogroll.